Headline Writing Can Lead To Fortunes: Here Are The Basics Of Writing Headlines
Headlines attract attention. Headlines generate interest. The time spent writing headlines can pay you back many times over.
Do you have a product or service to sell? How do you attract new customers, clients, prospects, leads or patients?
Most likely you attract them through the written word in some sort of advertising, articles, or press release. In each case you need a headline.
In fact, every printed document you publish should have a headline on it. Yes, even including your business card, if you have one!
So, what should go in your headline? Below are seven headline ideas that have proved profitable in the past. Remember the goal of the headline is to stop your reader dead in their tracks and get them to read further in to your sales copy.
1). Answer the question, "What's In It For Me?" Offer the reader a big benefit or promise of they continue reading. Here are a few examples:
* The Secret of Making People Like You
* Who Else Wants A Screen Star Figure?
* You Can Laugh At Money Worries - If You Follow This Simple Plan
* How to Win Friends and Influence People
The promise can be either explicit or implied, but it must be clear to the reader.
2). Tightly target your headlines. Don't write your headline to everyone. A headline written to everyone in reality is written to no one. Grab the attention of a very specific target audience by mentioning them by name. Here are some examples of tightly targeted headlines.
* To People Who Want To Write - But Can't Get Started
* To Men Who Want TO Quit Work Someday
* For the Woman Who Is older Than She Looks
* CAR Owners ... Save ONE GALLON OF GAS In Every TEN
* GIRLS...Want Quick CURLS?
* Attention Small Business Owners: Why Doesn't Your Advertising Work? Finally, You Can Stop Wasting Good Money On Useless Advertising! FREE Report Reveals How To Get More Customers In A Month Than You Now Get All Year - Guaranteed! Call 1-877-232-9362, Toll-Free, 24 hr., For FREE Recorded Message Now!
3). Do you have something new and exciting to offer? Try writing headline like these:
* New Cake-Improver Gets Your Compliments Galore!
* Great New Discovery Kills Kitchen Odors Quick! - Makes Indoor Air "Country Fresh"
* Announcing... The New Edition Of The Encyclopedia That Makes It Fun To Learn Things
* Announcing The New FORD CARS For 2006
* Breakthrough Money-Making Secrets That Sex Sites Do Not Want You to Find Out About - Uncovered And Revealed Inside!
* Breakthrough Internet Marketing Group Uncovers The Secrets To Getting Rich On The Web Using Simple Math Strategies!
4) Got a quick and easy solution to a problem? People are always looking for faster and easier ways to do things, so let them know.
* Headline Creator Pro Software Generates 100 Winning Headlines Quickly With Push-Button Ease!
* PLAY GUITAR In 7 Days Or Money Back [Note: Quick and easy is implied]
* Hands That Look Lovelier In 24 Hours - Or Your Money Back
* How I Improved My Memory In One Evening
* How A New Kind Of Clay Improved My Complexion In 30 Minutes
* Here's a Quick Way to Break Up a Cold.
* How To Take Out Stains... Just Follow These Easy Directions
* Here's What to Do to Get Rid of Pimples Fast
5) Ask a question, especially one that can't be answered by "yes" or "no." When a question can't be answered by "yes" or "no" the reader will generally continue reading to discover the answer. The human mind hates to be left wondering about the answer to a question. Pose a question and the human mind will work to find an answer.
* Can You Talk About BOOKS With The Rest Of Them?
* How Much Is "Working Tension" Costing Your Company?
* Do You Make These Mistakes In English?
* Five Familiar Skin Troubles - Which Do You Want To Overcome?
* Which Of These $2.50 to $5.00 Best Sellers Do You Want For Only $1.00 Each?
* Who Ever Heard Of A Woman Losing Weight - And Enjoying 3 Delicious Meals At The Same Time?
* Whose Fault When Children Disobey?
* Can You Pass This Money Test?
6) Write a hook into your headline to get your reader to continue reading.
* WARNING: Don't Pay For Another Ad Until You Read This Message!
* WARNING: Don't Join An Affiliate Program That Doesn't Meet The Following Criteria!
* Using A Lawyer May Be Dangerous To Your Wealth
* The Truth About Getting Rich
* The Most Expensive Mistake Of Your Life
* How The Next NINETY Days Can Change Your LIFE
7) Put a guarantee in your headline to increase trust.
* Guaranteed To Go Through Ice, Mud or Snow - Or We Pay The Tow!
* Hands That Look Lovelier In 24 Hours - Or Your Money Back
* PLAY GUITAR In 7 Days Or Money Back
* Hot Fresh Pizza Delivered Right To Your Door In 30 Minutes or Less - Guaranteed!
Writing headlines doesn't have to be hard. It just takes a little time and practice, so sharpen your pencil and let's get to work.
George Dodge has been working on the Internet since December 1994 and has developed, and served as webmaster for, numerous government and commercial websites for the past ten years. Two of his commercial sites focusing on copywriting include Winning Website Sales Letters that that is a great resource for entrepreneurs and webmasters trying to write Web Copy to sell on the Web and Headline-Creator-Pro.com which is a software site where you can get your copy of the amazing headline generating software tool that enables you to create winning headlines quickly with push button ease. Headline Creator Pro can generate 100 winning headline ideas in just 17 seconds flat!
How To Be Creative
Network marketing is an art as much as it is an applied science. To take a blank sheet of paper or canvas and draw or paint an interesting picture, you've got to have an imagination and creativity.
How To Get Started With A Career In Copywriting
Careers in copywriting are booming. Could it be that the new and ever growing market on the Internet has helped to fuel this demand? You can bet your sweet keyword that it has! With so many businesses looking to the internet for their freelance copywriters the demand for employees keeps growing.
Copyright, Copyrighting, and Online Copyright Abuse - Save Yourself the Headache by Reading This!
Lets start with copyright infringement.It is easily explained as copying someone else's work without gaining permission first.
Freelance Technical Writers - How Much Are You Worth?
Where can you find out about freelance technical writing pay? Is there a place where you can go and find out where you stand? As with any field, pay is determined by several things, not just because you can do the work. Instead, it is about how you work, what type of work you do and how well you work with other people.
Working With a Freelance Editor
If you are interested in creating information products, you will very likely deal with editors throughout your career. You may need someone to edit a book, review a special report, or tighten up a magazine article.
Top 8 Techniques - Secrets - Create Ad Copy For Your Business To Sky Rocket
Perhaps the most important benefit in the material that follows is its ability to provide you with the necessary concepts and constructs which are critical for becomingsuccessful by utilizing many of the high-tech, high-touch capabilities offered by the use of online marketing. Building your home business "Internet-Style" is not only exciting and challenging, it can also be very beneficial in more ways than can be imagined.
Making Your Purpose Your Business Step #4 - Organizing & Developing Online Content
If you have done your homework then you are ready to organize and develop what will be your online content. Your content is very important as it will be used for promoting you, your work, and your website.
7 Steps You MUST Take Before Writing a Word of Copy!
Copywriting ChecklistOkay, you know you have your product (or service) in front of you. Now it's time to get the word out with an attention-grabbing sales letter.
Getting Paid for Your Articles
If you've been writing web articles to help promote your business, you may also wonder if you can write articles and get paid for it. What type of articles will land you some extra cash, and what control do you have over the resubmission of your content once you hand it over to the editors?Type 1.
A Quick Free n Easy Content Writing Course
I do not pretend that a one-stop shop solution to content writing exists, but my experience has taught me, that working toward a 100% effective writing formula isn't a complete waste of time.At my firm (a content writing business), we find it particularly useful to go through a number of steps before we put pen to paper.
Professional Copywriting Services - How to Provide Your Own
Just because you're running a small business doesn't mean you have to run an amateur business. People judge the professionalism of a small business by many things including: the quality of the product or service offered; the dress code of the sales people; the location and decor of the business premises and; the quality of their written material.
Accelerate Your Freelance Copywriting Master Business Plan!
Ever wish for your own copywriting business?Ever wish you could become one of those internet marketing gurus and live out your dream of being who you really want to be?Well, what's stopping you? Is it time? Money? Fear of the unknown? These are the roadblocks that prevent so many of us from achieving our full potential for greatness.If you're good at something, and I'm sure that you are.
8 Reasons to Outsource Your Copywriting
Thinking of hiring a staff writer? Think again. Below, I will give you eight geat reasons to reconsider and outsource instead.
Give Me $1 And Ill Have A Powerful Marketing Weapon
One of my most powerful marketing weapons costs me less than $1. I buy it once and it lasts me a lifetime.
How To Ethically Use A Swipe File For Your Ad Copy
Did you ever wish you could afford to hire one of those professional copy writers who charge $5000 or more to write a simple sales letter? Or worse, have you laid down your hard-earned cash for a self-proclaimed "professional" writer, and gotten back something your 3rd grader could have written?If you spend countless hours staring at a blank page trying to come up with compelling ad copy for that "killer" sales letter (you know, the one that's going to make you rich beyond your wildest dreams?)..
Cause and Effect
"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
Are Long Copy Salesletters Scams?
A passionate debate is currently raging in the Copywriters Forum about long versus short copy. (If you haven't joined, do so.
Want a Sticky Site That Sells? Forget Content!
An interesting debate is currently raging among copywriters, web designers and content developers about the differences, if any, between writing copy for the web versus writing content.According to prolific copywriter Nick Usborne of ClickZ.
Sell Anything To Anyone On The Internet With Hypnotic Writing
I imagine you are the type of person who really wants to make your idea a reality. I also think that you fall into one of two groups; the first is a person who WANTS to succeed but does not know how.
10 Tips for Writing Web Copy
One of the most important aspects of a website today is the webcopy - sometimes called the sales letter.In days gone bye, banners and graphics were all important but now it's the words that do the selling.
|home | site map|